Social media optimization has become an integral part of internet marketing or Web Marketing. Of course, due to its influence and penetration it is predicted that in 2011 more and more businesses will flock to it.
There are several reasons that many businesses will fail at social media marketing in 2011. The top 12 reasons are given below.
1. Not Adapting To The Social Media Environment
Social media is an entire new world for new comers. It has its own dynamics, procedures, and ethics. If someone fails to adapt to the environment of social media the campaign is bound to fail.
2. Hiring Amateurs Or The Wrong SMO (Social Media Optimization) Company
Any type of marketing needs professional input, therefore never hire amateurs.
3. RASMS (Random Acts Of Social Media)
It is imperative to design a plan as RASMs often fail to deliver.
4. Treating Social Media As A Traditional Media
Do not try to implement the techniques of traditional media marketing in social media marketing.
5. Failing To Understand The Concept Of ROI (Return On Investment)
The more you are willing to pay, better the services are going to be.
6. Not Engaging With The Audiences
The audiences feedback should drive your campaigns, therefore identify the precise audiences and consider them as essential component of your marketing efforts.
7. They Do Not Design TOS (Terms Of Service) And Other Policies For Social Media
Some people think of social media as too informal. They forget that the things said or shared on social media can have legal implications. It is very important to design policies and terms of service to provide legal shelter to business advertising.
8. They Do Not Design ‘Role And Responsibility’ Matrix
It is natural that multiple people will have the passwords to social media account. However, not assigning certain jobs to these people can create a disaster.
9. They Assume That Social Media Marketing Is The Only Type Of Marketing
If a business relies on social media for marketing then it is a wrong perception. Social media is just one of the several ways to market your business over internet.
10. They Do Not Work On Their Opening
First impressions are very important in the field of advertising. So always, venture into social media marketing when everything is planned, designed, and well thought of.
11. They Assume That Social Media Can Do Anything And Everything For Their Sinking Business
The quality of the product and/or service makes or breaks a business. Moreover, social media marketing or any type of marketing cannot compensate it. Therefore, if you think that social media marketing will save your sinking business then you might be wrong.
12. They Are Bland
Do not be boring at social media. This can be the last thing irritating for target users at social networks.
People who want to venture into the web marketing through social media should not lose hope. Instead, they should be ready to put time and effort to make things work for their business.