Google recently made the widely expected broadcast that it plans to convert all existing Google Places pages into Google+ Local pages. Internet marketing company understands well about the changes that occur and the ways to manage them for the best. The purpose of this writing is to elaborate that how this shift affects local SEO best practices.
First, here are some clarifications to avoid any confusion. Previously, two options were in use for promoting your business through Google.
- A Google places page, which was a directory style listing, displayed your basic business information, pictures, and reviews as an element of the “Places” listings. These pages were not included in conventional SERPs.
- A Google+ Page was an individual web property that can be set up in the Google+ social network. Many business used “Local Business or Place” class, Google+ pages are for different classes that include “Product or Brand,” “Company, Institution or Organization,” and “Arts, Entertainment or Sports”.
The latest level of Google+ Local pages only influences the first type by replacing the former Google Places listings. As a result, you can have both a Google+ Local page and a Google+ Page for your business.
Presently, Google+ Local pages have changed “Google Places”, no way is there to merge your present Google+ Local page with your Google+ Page but, Google have declared that incorporation choices will be available in the future.
Effect of Google+ Local pages on SEO:
The following changes have occurred due to transition of Google Places/Google+ Local pages.
- Google Places pages have twist into Google+ Local pages.
- A “Local” tag has inserted to Google+ to offer users with modified and social suggestions for particular Google+ Local pages.
- Zagat review data has changed Google’s previous method, and the site’s previous pay wall has been eradicated.
- Google+ Local pages are being incorporated to Google Search, Google Maps, and Google Mobile.
These changes have had a slight impact on Local SEO. Now, new Google+ Local pages will be indexed in comparison to older Google Place pages. Local businesses can take advantage of this effect by making new Google+ pages; this may lead to an increased presence in the natural blended SERPs. Hire professional SEO services for your online business promotion as SEO companies are well aware of these new changes and the ways to solve them according to the Google’s demands.
The second possible impact of this change will be the advantage of future social functionality. The valuable point is that most of the social benefits guaranteed to local businesses on the Google+ network are currently only available on Google+ Pages.
The interesting point is that the changes to Google+ Local pages are not likely to have a remarkable effect on the SERPs. That means, sites would not change in rankings depending upon the presence or absence of their Google+ Local pages. In all cases acknowledged so far, arrangement of the results listings displayed in the traditional SERPs appears to exactly copy the organization of pages within previous “Places” SERPs.
What you need to do if you already have a proved Google Places page?
According to Google, if you previously had a confirmed Google Places page, you’ll need to keep up with the maintenance of this page in the Google Places for Business control panel.
You will still be able to verify your basic listing data, make updates, and respond to reviews. Individuals who use AdWords Express, your ads will act normally as they will forward people to the objective you elected on current listings.
Moreover, if you already had a well-known Google+ Page for your business, you’ll require keeping up with this page individually until Google gives the opportunity to move your previous Google Places page and your Google+ Page.