Social media marketing has popped up to be a miraculous tool for your business success, particularly because you can get more knowledge about your customers and what they require from you. The social media marketing report generated in 2010 reports that almost 67% of the business marketers are planning to increase the use of social platforms like blogs, Twitter, and Facebook to promote their business.
With the inclination of business owners towards social media marketing, it becomes crucial to identify the right internet marketing company for developing a social media strategy that works best with your business needs and individualistic goals.
Tip #1: Be All Ears
The second name to social media can be “conversations”. Therefore, before engaging with any social network, see what its users are mainly talking about so you can input the right debate from your end. Conduct a brief research to identify what people are saying about your brand and your competitors to judge how your target audience behaves online.
These free tools can help you determine who is talking what and from where:
- Google alerts for latest news stories
- Advanced searches like RSS Feeds
- Feed readers like Feedly
- Technorati for influence ranking
- Twitter tracking tools like TweetDeck
Tip #2: Define Your Goals and Objectives
This is the most important step where you determine as to why you want to use social media? Following can be some reasons for you to be using it:
- Higher sales
- Increased business visibility and branding
- A better way of customer services
- Improve your business image and reputation
- Generating traffic for your website
- Enhancing your reliability and credibility
- Creating online buzz about your products or services
If there are no goals you wish to achieve from your social media strategy, it’s useless to waste time in formulating it anyways!
Tip #3: More You Research, The Better It Is!
Instead of diving straight into the social media ocean and being lost, an effective social media strategy is to research first. For this:
- List down the social media sites where you have a higher opportunity to get in contact with people.
- Now list down those sites which are more relevant to your business type.
Research will save you from wasting your time and efforts on those social networks which are little relevant to your business nature and help you focus on those that are more encouraging and welcoming for your business.
Tip #4: Plan Your Content Strategy Beforetime
After setting up a social media profile, many people get stuck with what should they talk about. To prevent yourself from this kind of dead-end, plan your content development strategy in the following ways:
- Subscribe to blogs within your business circle and share their posts
- Talk about your next big promotion
- Talk about the events happening in your industry
- Share your own opinions on a hot debated topic
Tip #5: Engage With Audience, The Fun Part!
The real essence of social media is to engage and interact with your audience, not just sell and market your products and services. If you are looking forward to a successful long-term social media strategy then try communication g with your customers as much as you can, share interesting things with them, and respond back to their comments in a prompt manner.
Tip #6: Take It Offline
It’s quite easy to target people from behind a computer screen and profile picture, but it takes real guts to approach them offline and make a powerful impression. Though social media platforms are great marketing places, but nothing beats the personalized touch of an offline introduction. This could be in the form of attending offline events and seminars specific to your industry or holding an informal meeting session of industry experts or anything else that you can think of.
Tip #7: Track Your Success
The success of your social media strategy can be measured in a number of ways, but I’ve created the following list of questions to ask yourself in order to determine how successful your social media marketing has been so far:
- Did your social media efforts help you in meeting your marketing goals?
- Did you learn things about your customers you never knew previously?
- Did you customers learn new thing about your business and company?
- Were you able to interest your customers?
- Did social media efforts help your image building?
Answering these questions positively is a vivid indication of how well your social media strategy is rolling.
Tip #8: Keep On Improving
Measuring and tracking your social media campaign is not the end of it. After tracking your marketing strategy, a lot of new things will be discovered as to what your weak areas are and where you need enhancement. To make your social media strategy an absolute hit, work on improving these areas and keep on making your efforts better with every passing day.
How do you plan to execute your social media strategy? Please share your thoughts with us…