WordPress is among the leading blogging platform. It is used by millions of bloggers all over the world and has gained a steady place for itself in the internet world. The reason for its popularity can also be attributed to the increased usage of SEO and internet marketing over the past few years. Typically, for successful SEO campaigns, internet marketers require quality content that allows them to drive relevant traffic to their website. It is for this reason that bloggers and internet marketers have started using WordPress as it contains numerous plugins that help these firms to create blogs that are search engine friendly.
Some of the best and most used WordPress plugins are mentioned below.
1. WordPress SEO: This plugin is a one stop solution for SEO experts. It helps users in Sitemap, Permalinks, Title Tags, Meta Description, Internal Links, Duplicate Content, Keyword Density etc.
2. BlogGlue: BlogGlue is an upgrade to the Yet another Related Post Plugin (YARPP). This plugin is used to provide links to relevant posts. This plugin is useful in allowing the spiders of search engines to navigate and crawl through your content thereby enhancing that the time that each reader spends on your website. This is also useful in creating a blogging network for your website. It also comes with an SEO analyzer tool.
3. Social Networking Sharing Plugin: With the increasing popularity of social networking websites, the use of this software might become more meaningful and important. Therefore, through this plugin, you can provide the readers with the option to share the content on their social networking pages, thereby enhancing your viewership. Additionally, Google and Bing now reward blogs that are more popular on social networking websites. They may judge this by the number of ‘likes’, ‘+1s’, ‘tweets’ or bookmarks that each page gets.
4. W3 Total Cache: Google also makes use of the page upload speed while determining the rank of the page. This plugin is useful in enhancing the upload speed of your blog. This is usually done by caching the code on your server for speedy retrieval.
5. Broken Link Checker: Google penalizes websites that have broken links. The Broken Link Checker plugin can be used to test your blog and inform you of any broken links on yoru website.
6. SEO Smart Links: This plugin has proved to be very useful to interlink blog pages by making use of specific keywords. When the blog pages are properly interlinked, it helps the blog to gain better page rank on Google. Therefore, if you are offering SEO services, this plugin is a must for you.
7. SEO Friendly Image: Most of the times, SEO experts neglect the importance of images. Therefore, they also fail to optimize the images used on their website. However, when images are optimized, the accessibility and value of the image increases and their index ability on Google also increases. This plugin is very useful to perform precisely these actions as it updates the image with alt and title attributes automatically.
8. Platinum SEO Pack: This WordPress plugin comes with numerous features such as automated generation of meta tags, optimization of pages and post titles etc.
9. Intense Debate: This plugin is a commenting system and is a replacement for the stock WordPress commenting system.
10. Pingdom Status: Google penalizes blogs that are down for a long time or on a regular basis. This plugin is important as it alerts the users by sending a ping if the blog has not responded for a long time.
11. Scribe SEO: This plugin is essential as it makes the process of search engine optimization very easy and simple for users. It analyzes the blog and provides a score for the post. This score allows users to reassess their content and make changes.
12. SEO Title Tags: For all websites, the title page matters the most especially in the case of on page optimization. Therefore, it is essential that all titles, headings, home page, blog page etc. are optimized properly. Using this plugin will allow you to change the titles for all pages accordingly.
13. SEO Slug: SEO slug is a plugin that helps to automatically remove commonly used words such as a, an, the, can, what etc from the blog post.
14. WP Smush.it: This plugin is very useful in optimizing the size of the image used in the blog post. It helps to compress image size without making sure that the quality of the image is not lost.
15. WP Super Cache: This plugin allows making your blog loader faster. This is done by simply enabling the caching facility thereby allowing reducing the loading time.
16. Google XML Sitemap: This free plugin will allow you to automatically create XML sitemaps for the blog.
17. SEO Content Control: This plugin identifies weak content on your website. It may highlight things such as lack of descriptions on the categories etc.
18. SEO Rank Reporter: Rank reporter is an important plugin as it allows tracking down several keywords in the site. Based on this tracking, a report is issued every 3 days.
Therefore, while using WordPress, if you make use of the above mentioned plugins, you can easily ensure best SEO results.